-
August 10th, 2004, 05:11 PM
#1
Inactive Member
is it vinnie, JR, or bernard?
-
August 10th, 2004, 05:18 PM
#2
Inactive Member
-
August 10th, 2004, 05:33 PM
#3
Inactive Member
hey shedder,
i believe it might be HAL BLAINE. think he was the member of the L.A. wrecking crew?
-
August 10th, 2004, 05:34 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Hal Blaine?
I'm not sure how you'd gauge this. Hopefully Randy will chime in as I'm guessing he might know.
-
August 10th, 2004, 05:44 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Hmm, tough question. Hal Blaine would have owned the tile back in the 60s to early 70s. But Jeff Porcaro from 73 up until his death in 92 was on way more then Blaine ever was. Gadd has done quite a bit too.
I think it would be a tie between Gadd, JR and Jeff. But being that Jeff is gone, then it would between Gadd and JR, since those guys are consistantly in the studio. Vinnie has only been in the studio game since 79, Pages being his first ever session after leaving Zappa.
Gadd and Jeff were doing sessions in the ealry 70's. JR did not really hit the scene until around 79 I think, his big gig was Rufus and after that band recorded with Quincy Jones, Jones started to use JR quite abit, first on his solo cd The Dude, then on Michael Jacksons Off The Wall.
sorry for the winded response, hopefully it answers the question.
-
August 10th, 2004, 06:08 PM
#6
Inactive Member
ah, Mr. Walker.
enlightening us once yet again! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
August 10th, 2004, 06:25 PM
#7
Inactive Member
JR says he's the most recorded drummer ever on his website. i would think it's vinnie because he plays on more variety of situations than JR, jeff, or gadd. you'd never see any of them doing a randy waldman session to a michael buble session to megadeth. i mean come on. vinnie has to be the king.
-
August 10th, 2004, 06:34 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Interesting question....
No way its Vinnie. JR very possibly. How much does Gadd still do? I wonder how much recording Harvey Mason, Earl Palmer, Al Jackson and Aronoff have done? I'm sure it's nowhere near JR or Gadd's total but I'd like to know.
-
August 10th, 2004, 06:44 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Vinnie is not even close. With a guy like JR, Gadd or even Jeff, these guys were doing record dates sometimes 3 a day. there could be at least 3 to 10 discs released in a given year that had their name on it.
-
August 10th, 2004, 06:55 PM
#10
Inactive Member
How about the Motown guys like Benny Benjamin or even the Stax guys? Maybe they played on more hits as opposed to records. I think Randy is right though, Jeff has got to be up there.
CB
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks